Inter Counties Championships Loughborough 9 March
The club was well represented in the North East Counties team for the Inter Counties on 9 March.
Top club finish came with Ines Curran’s excellent 9th place in the under 15 Girls, leading the North East Counties to a team win.
In the other races:
- Under 15 Boys, Ethan McGlen was 51st and David Race 147th
- Under 17 Men, Charlie McMillan kept up his recent good form in 25th position
- Under 17 Women, Chloe Wellings was 93rd
- Senior Men, Calum Johnson was 19th with Conrad Franks 112th
- Senior Women, Brigid Dennehy, in her first race at this level, was 113th
Birtley AC XC Young Athletes XC Relays 10 March
At the local level, in Birtley AC’s increasingly popular cross country relays on 10 March:
- The under 11 girls (Skye Marshall, Holly Asquith and Lucy Grey) and the under 11 Boys (Mathew Waters, Tristan Crang and Harry Garrett) were both 7th. Harry ran the 3rd fastest individual leg. ( NB these are the recorded results which do not account for the mix up at the 2nd leg changeover.)
- The under 13 Boys team of Ben Asquith, Oliver Ezeoke and William Wells was 3rd with Ben running the 4th fastest individual leg.
- Well done also to Alex Biddlecombe and Cameron Marshal who ran in an incomplete team following a late call off
- The under 15/17 Boys team of Will Seager Rooke, Matthew Walker and Theo Barron was 8th, a good performance running against mostly older teams and in the worst of the weather.
Well done to everybody who ran. Thanks to Birtley AC for hosting another successful event and to the race officials.