Katarina Johnson-Thompson launches Rainbow Medal competition and free funetics Home School Pack
funetics ambassador and World Heptathlon champion Katarina Johnson-Thompson (KJT) is heading up a new funetics competition for children to design a ‘Rainbow Medal’ – to help recognise the amazing superhero key workers who live amongst us and keep us safe in these challenging times.
Aligned to the competition launch, we’ve also released our new free funetics Home School Pack – a fantastic resource to help primary school aged children learn and stay active at home. The pack is based in part on our new funetics programme, which provides fun athletics sessions to help primary school children learn, develop and practice running, jumping and throwing all year round and reflects the requirements of the National Curriculum Key Stages 1 and 2.
Click below to find out details of the competition and to access the funetics Home School Pack, which includes:
• Warm up and cool down exercises as well as competition style activities for children to test themselves.
• Videos from the funetics programme of fun games for children to try.
• Printable work sheets for children to complete the cross-curricular sections covering literacy, numeracy, science, PE, art and history.
• Activity cards of a range of fun athletics-themed activities such as colouring, word searches and quizzes.
• Fun games (supporting topics in the curriculum) brought to life in video format.
• The history and heroes of the sport plus an explanation of the different types of athletics events.
Find out more